Welcome to Your Chamber
Small Business Resources
We're here to help by providing access to the resources that your business needs to thrive in Dalton, GA.
How can the Chamber Help?
- 1Research Data & Demographics
Site-specific demographics, psychographics, and other analysis are available for the Dalton area. The software can provide insight on where to put a new location or whether to carry a new product. You will find information such as household income, population by age, gender & race.
- 2Annual Business Expo
This event allows small businesses to come together in one location to showcase to the community their products and services. This is one of the Chamber’s best attended events, typically drawing over 1,000 participants.
- 3Location Assistance
The Chamber economic development team can help find a suitable location for your business. The Business Rapid Response Team will verify all regulations and ordinances are being followed before opening the business.
- 4Business Workshops
Seminars for business success are led by business and educational leaders who provide information and best practices for improving one’s business. Participants will leave each seminar with valuable, practical information that can be immediately applied to their businesses.
- 5Chamber Connections
Attendees of this monthly lunch event will have 30 seconds to speak and provide a “commercial” about the business. This popular event is generally held on the second Wednesday of each month at the Dalton Golf & Country Club. Businesses can also set up a booth for the Business Showcase space.
- 6Member Mixer
This venue offers a networking opportunity for small business owners and large business representatives in a relaxed, professional atmosphere. Member Mixers are held in the afternoon on the third Thursday of the month.
- 7Advertising Opportunities
Many opportunities exist throughout the year to provide advertising exposure for businesses. These include sponsorship, hosting, and speaking opportunities for programs and events.
- 8Member Directory
Use our online directory to find other members that can help you.
- 9University of Georgia Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
• Develop and update business plans
• Identify sources of capital
• Set up record-keeping systems and analyze financial records
• Identify foreign markets for products or services
• Conduct specialized research geared to specific needs of the business-owner
• Create marketing strategies and advertising campaigns
• Analyze statistical and demographic data
901 N. Broad Street Suite 320
Rome, GA 30161
- 10Northwest Georgia Certified Development Company (NGCDC)
• Provides financing for start-ups and expansions
• Packages, closes, and services small business loans
503 West Waugh Street
Dalton, GA 30720
- 11Downtown Dalton Development Authority
• Information about available properties in Downtown
• Rehabilitation design and historic preservation projects
• Facade improvements, including design, the approval process, and DDDA facade grant applications
• Financial assistance with low-interest financing through various local, state, and federal loan resources
• General information about laws and ordinances in the Central Business District, including sign ordinances, sidewalk displays, renovation guidelines, etc.
300 W. Waugh St. 2nd Floor
Dalton, GA 30720
- 12Georgia Tech Procurement Assistance Center (GTPAC)
• Trains companies on how to navigate the government procurement process
75 – 5th Street, NW, Suite 300
Atlanta, GA 30308