The Leadership Dalton-Whitfield Alumni Association was created as a way to keep the graduates engaged. The association was formed in 2005 and a committee formed, which guides and directs the events and activities of the association. Annual dues of $35 were established to help offset the costs of events, offer scholarships to one or more participants for the Leadership Dalton-Whitfield program and work on one or more programs that have a meaningful impact on the community.
Who can participate:
All alumni of the Leadership Dalton-Whitfield program are encouraged to attend the events and to pay their annual dues.
Events and Activities:
The following is a list of events and activities since the formation of the Alumni Association in 2005:
- Feb. 2017 Share the Vision breakfast on ESPLOST.
- Jan. 2017 Commissioned interactive art work – Industrial Heritage.
- Oct. 2015 Share the Vision breakfast to celebrate Archway Partnership accomplishments.
- May 2015 Co-sponsored a farewell reception for Brian Anderson.
- May 2015 Supported the annual Book Blast with a sponsorship.
- May 2015 Share the Vision breakfast on the Dalton Public Schools Facilities Plan.
- March 2015 Share the Vision breakfast on SPLOST 2015 for public safety.
- Oct. 2014 Share the Vision breakfast Your Vote Does Count on questions on the ballot.
- June 2014 Supported the annual Book Blast with a sponsorship.
- May 2014 Assisted the LDW Alumni week of service projects.
- March and April 2014 sponsored lunches for the Archway Partnership Saturday Academy.
- November 2013 Share the Vision lunch featuring the economic impact of Dalton State College athletic program.
- March 2013 Hosted a meet and greet reception for Dr. Judy Gilreath, Superintendent, Whitfield County Schools.
- Dec. 2014 Sponsored a Leadership After Hours at the Chamber’s new location in downtown Dalton.
- Jan. 2012 Sponsored a community wide celebration for J. R. Martinez (parade and celebration held at the Trade Center). Approximately 2,200 attended the event at the Trade Center.
- Oct. 2011 Co-sponsored the Rebecca Ryan event with other community sponsors. Ryan is the noted author of Live First, Work Second.
- Feb. 2011 Hosted a Meet and Greet Reception for Congressman Tom Graves.
- June 2010 Co-sponsored with the Chamber a Candidates’ Forum featuring candidates for the races for Whitfield County Board of Education and Whitfield County Commission.
- April 2010 Assisted the Grow Greater Dalton program in fund raising efforts by encouraging the alumni to make a contribution.
- August 2009 to May 2010 the Leadership Dalton-Whitfield program celebrated its 25th Anniversary. The Alumni Association sponsored two celebration events. The first event was themed Denim and Diamonds and the second event honored the program Founders at a Founders’ Ball.
- Feb. 2009 Hosted a Leadership After Hours at the Emery Center in honor of Black History Month.
- Jan 2009 Hosted a Welcome Reception for Dr. Jim Hawkins, Superintendent, Dalton Public Schools.
- Oct. 2008 The Alumni was involved in the passage of the Freeport Ballot Referendum. The outcome was successful.
- Oct. 2008 Hosted a Welcome Reception for the new Chamber President Brian Anderson.
- May 2008 Hosted a Meet and Greet reception for U. S. Senator Johnny Isakson.
- March 2008 Partnered with Dalton State College Foundation and hosted an appreciation reception for Jim and Sally Burran. Partnered with the Foundation and hosted a Welcome Reception for Dr. John Schwenn.
- Sponsored a partial scholarship for a LDW participant Class of 2008.
- Sept. 2007 Formed the Citizens for Better Transportation in Sept. 2007.
- Worked to educate the public about the importance of the Transportation SPLOST. The referendum outcome was successful.
- April & May 2007 Conducted four “Dream the Dream” focus group meetings for the Community Foundation of Northwest Georgia.
- April 2007 Hosted an Appreciation Reception for Congressman Nathan Deal.
- Conducted three “Share the Vision” events with speaker Bob Shaw on March 7, 2007, Jack Turner on May 11, 2007 and Deborah Norville on Jan. 24, 2008
- Partnered with Target Tomorrow on several Candidates’ Forums on June 20, 2006; Oct. 23, 2006; and Oct. 11, 2007.
- Nov. 2006 Leadership After Hours at Minor, Bell & Neal.
- Two Local Government Forums held on Jan. 31, 2006 and Jan. 30, 2007.
- Dec. 2005 Leadership After Hours at Cohutta Bank.
- Nov. 2005 Sponsored a farewell reception for Brad Arnold and family.
Annual dues are $35 and invoices are mailed to all alumni. If you are an alumni and have not been invoiced, please contact Phyllis Stephens.
The Chamber of Commerce provides staff support to all of the leadership development programs. For additional program information, contact Phyllis Stephens
706-278-7373 • firstname.lastname@example.org