The Emerging Leaders Institute was designed for adults as a leadership skills training program so that the participant may gain new skills and knowledge about leadership.
The Emerging Leaders Institute provides each participant with the foundation of basic leadership skills and knowledge. The program is designed to develop knowledgeable, skilled, committed and action-oriented leaders. This goal is achieved by a curriculum that has been designed by the Fanning Leadership Institute.
Assists participants in becoming more knowledgeable about themselves and leadership practices, and develop skills to assist them in becoming stronger leaders. The program will be six sessions and conducted over several months. Each session will begin at 8:30 a.m. and conclude by 5 p.m.
Who can participate?
The Emerging Leaders Institute is designed for adults interested in leadership development and the curriculum has been created to increase individual leadership effectiveness. During the six sessions, the participant will spend time understanding their personal leadership style, connecting with community leaders, improving their communication skills, and essentially grooming themselves to blaze their leadership trail. The Steering Committee solicits and reviews nominations for the program and will extend an invitation to approximately 25 to 30 individuals.
The Curriculum includes the following:
- Session one: one day retreat to include an orientation, team building, demographics, and emotional intelligence
- Session two: Understanding community leadership and Effective Communication
- Session three: Group Dynamics and Group Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Session four: Managing Conflict and Understanding Generational Differences
- Session five: Valuing Community Diversity and Building Communities through Collaboration
- Session six: Volunteerism and graduation
This program is $450, which covers the cost of all materials. Scholarships are available to a limited number of participants.
The Chamber of Commerce provides staff support to all of the leadership development programs. For additional program information, contact Phyllis Stephens
706-278-7373 • email@example.com